- State of Pretrial Justice in America 2017. Pretrial Justice Institute, 2017
- Subramanian, Ram et al. “Incarceration’s Front Door: The Misuse of Jail in America.” New York, NY: Vera Institute of Justice, 2015.
- Jones, Cynthia. Give Us Free: Give Us Free: Addressing Racial Disparities In Bail Determinations. New York University Journal of Legislation and Public Policy, 16(4), 921-961, 2013.
- Foster, Johanna. “Striving for Equity in Criminal Justice: An Analysis of the Variability of Bail Bonds in the Tenth Judicial District of North Carolina.” University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2012.
- “Bail Fail: Why the U.S. should end the practice of using money for bail.” Washington, DC: Justice Policy Institute, 2012.
- Putting Justice in North Carolina’s Juvenile System. Youth Justice Project, Southern Coalition for Social Justice, 2017
- Bodkin, M., Flinchum, T., Hevener, G., Katzenelson, S., Wesoloski, J. “Juvenile Recidivism Study: FY 2010/11 Juvenile Sample.” North Carolina Sentencing and Policy Advisory Commission, 2014.
- McCarter, Susan & Barnett, Jason (2013). “The School-to-Prison Pipeline: Implications for North Carolina Schools and Students.”
- Fabelo, T., Thompson, M., Plotkin, M., Carmichael, D., Marchbanks, M., & Booth, E. “Breaking Schools’ Rules: A Statewide Study of How School Discipline Relates to Students’ Success and Juvenile Justice Involvement.” New York, NY: Council of State Governments Justice Center, 2011.
Jury Pool Information
Traffic Stop Data